With members of the Oxfordshire Cricket workforce being on flexi furlough, the workforce, staff, directors, players and volunteers of Oxfordshire Cricket will be voluntarily giving up some of their time to do a virtual challenge to walk, run or cycle the same distance as from John O’Groats to Land’s End during February to raise money for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and the Opening Up Cricket Charity. Our target is to raise £5,000
To donate and support please click the link https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/oxfordshire-cricket
This will be in compliance with national lockdown restrictions.
● John O’Groats to Land’s End is 874 Miles
● February is 28 days
● We would be raising money for two charities
In compliance with national lockdown restrictions and whilst on furlough, the Oxfordshire Cricket workforce will voluntarilybe giving up some of their time to collectively virtually walk, run or cycle from John O’Groats to Land’s End during February to raise money for Opening Up and Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
The workforce effort will be supported by directors, players and volunteers in our attempt to get to 874 miles of walking, running or cycling in the month of February which is equivalent to the distance of John O’Groats to Land’s End. This will all be for the purpose of raising money for the charities Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust and Opening Up.
● Challenge delivered over 6 days of each week, with Sundays being a break day
● Participants covering their miles over 3 or 4 days per week
● On each day participants will cover their miles taking between one and three hours, dependant on the distance
● Each participant will set a personal target for the challenge which will be broken down over the four weeks
● Personal targets set
● The challenge mileage will be tracked by a group Strava account.